Building Better Performance
Value Management Training
Skills and Tools for Construction
Objectives / Is this for
you? / Booking
19 – 21 March 2007
Leader: Michael Graham CEng, MICE,
Venue: Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh
you concerned that:
• Projects are delivered promptly and profitably
• People understand the priorities and work together
to improve value for shareholders and customers alike
• Partners work together to make synergies
• Customers see the value in design
• Design development adds value not costs
• Decisions focus on the real priorities
• Opportunity for innovation is captured
this course for you:
Value Management methods deliver time and cost
savings and bring focus to make strategic choices and resolve project design
problems. Time savings have perhaps the greatest impact freeing up
people to deliver more thus generating cash for reinvestment.
This Foundation Programme is suitable for all with
an interest in delivering better value. Further programmes will be
run at Advanced level for those who work towards certification as “Professional
in Value Management”.
About the Course Leader:
Michael Graham Consultancy offers independent Partnering
Advisor Services and Risk and Value Management Consultancy. Our main
office is in Stirling. We have a northern base in Elgin, a southern
base in Leicester and a network of associates located across the UK.
Our capability is built upon a body of extensive
industry experience. Many of our consultants have over thirty years
experience at the sharp end of project delivery and performance improvement
for public service, social housing and other construction work.
Value Management Foundation
In preparation for this programme each delegate
will prepare a short presentation on their approaches to building better
performance; reviewing experience of project management, team leadership,
value engineering or other formal methods and highlighting their current
Day 1 What is Value Management?
• The value management framework (BS EN 12973:2000)
• Five different approaches - Beyond ‘the workshop’
• Function Analysis; Functional Performance specification;
Value Engineering; Design to cost; Design to Objectives
• Where are the opportunities to add value for
your customers, your project, your business?
Day 2 Teamwork – Applying Value Management
• Practical tools for Value Engineering
• Facilitating Performance through the Team
• Skills Development to run an Effective Workshop
Day 3 Extending Your Skills
• Live case studies and tailored micro sessions
• Bring out your facilitation skills
• Enhance team leadership
• Stimulate innovation
• Enable prompt and effective decision making
Output - Each delegate prepares a short action
plan tailored for his or her workplace.
Customer Support - Personal mentoring support
is available to all delegates.
No charge is made for support in personal development.
Normal consultancy charges apply for ongoing support in dealing with business